Line 'O the day is the main reason for this blog. It's all explained here. But other musings and ideas pop up from time to time.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

An Ongoing Experiment

Well, I have all these little things that I've jotted down over the last 4+ years, but what can be done with them. Why not post them for the world to see.

So an explanation should come first.

The first post of this blog is the first Line 'O the day. Which started as a little Word file I opened one night and wrote out what amounted to a sort of mission statement. In essence, do something. That was May 7th 2006, as it plainly states. It grew from there.

The file is placed dead center of my desktop, and right before I turn my computer off to go to bed I stop to think. If I can think of something right then I'll write it down, or if I remember something from that day. Anything, a quote I read or heard, something said in conversation that stuck with me, a moment I want to immortalize. Inspiration doesn't come every night, and there are some lengthy gaps, as you'll see, but there are quite a few now. And so I devised a system for this blog.

I'm going to post all of 2006's lines between now and the end of 2010. Basically two a week. Once we roll into 2011 the Line 'O the day will be cut back to just one a week. At that rate it'll take over two years to get through what I already have, but I'll keep writing down lines as they come. So, at some point in four or five years I might really catch up. What this blog is in five years, who the hell knows, but they'll be at least one post a week until then.

If you know me and you're checking the blog, there's a slight chance a line is relevant to you. Say you met me in 2009, then anything of relevance to you won't show up for a couple years. But this whole thing is a sort of experiment, as far as my relevance to others. For me, for friends of mine, and I reckon for a few strangers.

The question has always been, do these lines reveal something about myself? To a degree of course they do, but for every line that taps into my true nature there is another line that is pure nonsense. Some are serious, some are most definitely not and others are only tiny little fragments of my personality. But they'll all be right here for anyone to peruse.


A couple quick notes regarding what's to come.

First, some of the lines are rather course. I can be pretty liberal with my F-bombs. And no subject is out of bounds.

Second, the blog may change over time. I'm a writer, and so I may be inclined to add varied content as we progress. What that might be I don't know, which is why I'm doing two of the Lines 'O the day a week for these first few months. I'll figure it out as I go I guess. I might link to or comment on other blogs, comment on news, post a haiku if I ever wrote one. Hell I might throw up a cute puppy video if the notion strikes. Regardless the lines are the core element here and will be the backbone of the endeavor.

If there are any questions send them in or post them in the comments. I'll address them as they come, probably make a post out of them.

Hopefully someone somewhere might draw some enjoyment form this.

Zeb

1 comment:

  1. I really love reading blogs of folks I know, so I'm actually pretty excited about this. And ever so slightly annoyed that I had no idea it had begun. I'm going to spread the word to the Kelsi, but I'll leave it you to tell the aunts. But you know they'll find out even if you don't tell them.

    ReplyDelete